Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Noodle Fun

So, I boiled some noodles to play with the other day. I wasn't sure what we were going to use them for yet, then I decided to pretend they were worms. While they were boiling we read "A Diary of a Worm" by Doreen Cronin which is one of my most favorite books ever. It is so cute, and older kids really find it funny. We talked about how worms are smiley, and that they live in dirt and mud. After wards, we painted with "worms" and made worm tracks. We used brown paint of course to represent the mud.


Then I made a sensory tub with the remainder of noodles, and the boys spent a while playing with them! Lighting McQueen even went for a noodle swim :D



I have considered going to the store for some chocolate pudding and gummy worms to make a "wormy" snack.. but the extra sugar just doesn't seem to necessary! Plus, I am feeling very lazy right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment