Thursday, August 18, 2011

Car track painting

Connor is all boy. He is in love (to the point of obsession) of all things transportation. Trucks, cars, airplanes, trains, boats, etc etc. So today we painted with cars... and he thought it was great! I got a few different cars to use. Since they had different size tires they made different size tracks! It was great to talk about concepts such as big/ little and fast/slow! I gave him (and the other little boy I watch) some paint, dip, and roll!


He got so into it, that I ended up giving him a few more sheets of paper, and more paint color choices. No joke-- he sat for 45 minutes playing with his cars and paint! (which ended up being brown 'mud')


Since he made a mess I let him give his cars a 'bath' in the sink afterwards. Which looking back-- I should have just put him and the cars into the bath tub!



I say it was a huge success! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment