Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Pattys Day

So, usually St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite holiday. When I used to teach preschool I would make a big deal of it. The day before we would always create a leprechaun trap, and the next morning we would find his clothes in it!! (he used his special magic to escape!) He would make a mess of the classroom-- leave green paper shamrocks & glitter trails etc. I figured the boys were still a bit young to really get much enjoyment out of this idea. So, I decided to just focus on the colors associated with it! Such as the color green, and rainbows! I pretty much put green food coloring in everything we ate today!

We made leprechaun hats, wore green, and made some rainbows!


(the trick was to only give them one paint color at a time, and let it dry a bit in between colors, otherwise it would have been a big brown mess!)

For the letters I used my Sizzix Die Cut Machine. This was one of the first personal die cut machines. It has been around for a while. I don't have much knowledge about other machines out there, but I love mine! They don't make many new dies for it though :(. I have had it for a good amount of years now.. and truly feel I've gotten my moneys worth :D


Happy St. Pattys Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment